Ipswich IP2ContractSalary: £10.00 /hour
Athena Care Homes is a family run business with five homes located across North Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk and has an opportunity for an Infection Control and Communication Champion to join their team on a fixed term contract basis until 31st May 2021
Our aim is to be the provider of choice for our residents and the employer of choice for our team members.
Our purpose is to create excellent quality homely environments with the highest standards of care, catering, housekeeping and activities.
We aim to enhance the lives of our residents and enable them to enjoy life to the full as individuals in happy, comfortable and safe surroundings.
Reporting to the general hospitality manager, the aim of the Infection control and communications Champion within the care home group is to reduce the risks of infection to residents, relatives, visitors and staff by helping to create and maintain an environment that will support clean, safe care.
· Co-ordinate and manage face to face social distancing appointments for residents with family or friend members.
· Ensure guidance material and relevant communication is provided prior to arranged visits to achieve a smooth and safe experience for all involved.
· Ensure basic knowledge of the resident that is having visitors’ is held so they are able to engage in conversation, about their particular loved one.
· Liaise with all necessary departments to ensure clear communication is upheld in relation to appointments booked.
· Ensure all communities are aware of appointments made and check with the relevant team leads one hour prior to the booking to ensure residents are ready for the booked appointment prior to visit.
· Meet and greet visitors.
· Provide PPE to all visitors and support them by ensuring donning and doffing of PPE is carried out correctly.
· Escort visitors through the care home following the correct pathways to manage and control social distancing of footfall within the care home premises.
· Respond to or re-direct queries as appropriate.
· Answer telephone calls efficiently and in the appropriate manner in accordance with care home policy and deal with or re-direct queries as appropriate.
· Carry out data input as required within nominated areas of responsibility.
· Ensure that the nominated area of responsibility is kept current and all relevant information regarding the area is distributed appropriately.
· Carry out administration tasks across within the care home location as appropriate.
· Have full knowledge of and contribute to the working systems within the practice.
· Act as a Chaperone for Doctors / medical professionals when required.
· Effectively manage your nominated areas of responsibility
· Able to challenge poor practice and empower others to provide care and to work safely
· Acts as a resource person for staff in relation to IPC
· Assists with the training of staff on everyday IPC issues e.g. hand hygiene
· Acts as a role model for best IPC practice at all times
· Increase awareness of Infection Control issues amongst staff and visitors.
· Improve local implementation of Infection Control policies
· Assist in the education of colleagues in relation to Infection Control Prevention.
· Help motivate colleagues to improve practice
· Lead by example with correct Infection Prevention Control practice and conduct.
· Ensure practice based Infection Control audits are undertaken
· Help identify any Infection Control problems within the practice and work to resolve these, where necessary in conjunction with the clinical and quality compliance team.
· Act as a role model within the practice
· Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision.
· Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance.
· effectively manage own time, workload and resources.
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and may be subject to change as deemed necessary.
Contract length: 2 months
Go to all jobs